Monday, 9 January 2012

Airbrush Results

Here are some of the results from today's airbrushing. I did many elements in scorched brown and the Plague Monks in gnarlock green. I've only included the Abomination for colour contrast (and because I love the model).

The Doomwheel turned out very well, relatively even coverage and some paint in the bits I knew I'd struggle to reach with a regular brush (I don't have the patience to paint things in sections as I build them - they'd never get played).

The Plague Monks were last. I had a small spill after finishing them (back in the middle) and if you look at the first rat on the left you'll see that I didn't quite get the brown cleaned out of the airbrush properly first. I struggled a bit more with these, mainly because 20 in one go was too many and meant they were too densely packed so getting the stream on them all was tough. In future I'll do batches of no more than 10 at a time. The nozzle also started to clog towards the end (I base coated the rat ogres, giant rats, packmasters and 4 weapons teams before the Doomwheel) so smaller batches is good advice all round. I gave the brush a proper clean after doing the monks and there was a lot of paint gummed up in the nozzle.

I've added an Ikit Claw model and built the Games Day show mini (warlord) that I've had sitting around. The army is now up to 144 models. They are all based and I only have 3 units still to undercoat (will be done tomorrow night). If I get some time this coming weekend I'll try and get a clanrat or two finished.

1 comment:

  1. Doomwheel looks good already. Nice to know the airbrush works so well.
    Am looking forward to crushing your fully painted army :)