Saturday 7 January 2012

A Brush by Any Other Name...

Today I had my first chance to use an airbrush I was gifted by a friend a long time ago. I finished building a spray booth in the mancave last weekend so I decided it was time to get to grips with it. Having never used one before, there was a little trial and error getting it all connected up to the compressor then some time spent trying to get the right pressure and paint consistency (having some old sprues to spray at really helped there).

Once I got the hang of it, it was amazingly easy to use. Like using a can of undercoat spray but many orders of magnitude easier and more controllable (especially after I figured out that you can control how much paint comes out of it)!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to basecoat the entire army quite quickly using the airbrush which will make it look a step better than being all black or all bare plastic.

I'll post photos when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment